INTERVIEW – SAAGAR ENJETI — White House Correspondent, Daily Caller @esaagar — previewed President Trump’s busy schedule: Pompeo to North Korea today, Supreme Court pick coming on Monday, NATO Summit and UK visit next week plus the Russia meeting with Putin.
>> LOOK AHEAD TO TRUMP’S SCHEDULE:
– Trump’s next 11 days are going to be a real trip
– Monday: Supreme Court pick announced
– Next week, Trump in Brussels for NATO summit, July 11 & 12
– Then, off to Britain for meetings with Queen, PM May
– Then, meeting with Putin in Helsinki, Finland on July 16
– Mike Pompeo is off to North Korea…
– SAAGAR ENJETI piece: KETHLEDGE RISING, AS SCOTUS INFIGHTING REACHES FEVER PITCH
– President Trump calls Sen. Mike Lee as Trump’s Supreme Court nominee announcement nears. Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump spoke with Utah’s GOP Sen. Mike Lee by phone on Monday about the Supreme Court vacancy, a spokesman for Lee confirms to CNN. White House spokesman Raj Shah confirmed the call as well.
– 3 more Supreme Court candidates meet with Trump. (The Hill) — President Trump on Tuesday spoke to another three possible Supreme Court nominees, bringing the total number to seven. White House spokesman Raj Shah disclosed the conversations in a brief statement but did not provide any further details, such as the names of those who spoke with Trump. The president interviewed four candidates on Monday and has said he plans to reveal his choice on July 9. Trump said late last week he had narrowed his short list of candidates to five, including two women.
On Monday, the president reportedly interviewed federal appeals court judges Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Amul Thapar and Raymond Kethledge.