INTERVIEW — ROGER STONE – Former Trump adviser
- Roger Stone indicted on charges brought by special counsel. (CNN) Longtime Donald Trump associate Roger Stone has been indicted by a grand jury on charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. He was arrested by the FBI Friday morning at his home in Florida, his lawyer tells CNN. Stone was indicted Thursday by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia on seven counts, including one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering.
- FBI’s show of force in Roger Stone arrest spurs criticism of Mueller tactics
- Stone’s attorney added that the arrest was a “spectacle.” “A SWAT team, searching the house, scaring his wife, scaring his dogs—it was completely unnecessary,” Stone’s attorney said. “A telephone call would have done the job, and he would have appeared. Mr. Stone has nothing to hide.”
- The arrest operation drew scrutiny on social media—even from President Trump, who said “Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better,” and questioned “who alerted CNN to be there?”
- Where to buy his t-shirts: 1776.shop
- Stone’s legal defense fund: stonedefensefund.com