INTERVIEW – JON RUSSELL – Culpepper Town Councilman
- CHRISTIAN PREGNANCY CENTER VANDALIZED IN CULPEPPER, VA
- Christian non-profit pregnancy center in Virginia vandalized. CULPEPER, Va. (FOX 5 DC) – Police in Culpeper, Virginia are investigating a possible hate crime that happened overnight after someone spray-painted disturbing messages on a local pregnancy center and damaged windows.
- On Friday, Jon Russell, town councilman for Culpeper, Virginia, found the local pro-life pregnancy center vandalized. A window was broken, signs had been spray-painted, and vandals even wrote the message “Jesus hates this sh*t.”
- “The things that were written on the signs — one sign that said, ‘Fake,’ the other sign said, ‘You hate women,’ and ‘Jesus hates this sh*t’ — all of these things are not lingo that is common around here in Virginia, not as much as you would see in California or New York.”
- Russell recalled discovering the vandalism at around 7:30 a.m. on Friday morning. “I jumped in my car and I drove down there and when I got there it was pretty bad: broken window, graffiti on the walls, on the signs, it had the feel of being both political and personal,” he said. Police had arrived at 3:30 a.m., he added, and “captured at least a couple foot sizes in the snow.”