INTERVIEW _ CRAIG SHIRLEY – Reagan historian and author “Last Act: The Final Years and Emerging Legacy of Ronald Reagan” @CraigSBPA
- TOPIC: AOC vs Craig Shirley on Reagan’s legacy:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Reagan Used ‘Racist’ Caricatures to Divide Americans
- Craig Shirley @CraigSBPA: There is no evidence of @AOC ever picked up a book on President Reagan. so she would not know he was the president who signed the order creating the Dr. Martin Luther King national holiday.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez AOC Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Retweeted Craig Shirley: Ok great, now talk about Reagan and: – Iran-Contra + – The gutting of our mental health system + – The explosion of homelessness under his watch +- The crack epidemic.. Maybe instead of insinuating I’ve never read a book, be open to the idea that we’ve read different ones.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC: – HIV/AIDS crisis and demonization of LGBT+ community… – Union-busting… – Ending the Fairness Doctrine, which launched the polarized media environment we’re suffering from today.. Why are we not supposed to talk about these things?
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC: Yup. Quite a few Republicans lauded now fought MLK Day and participated / were complicit in denouncing MLK as communist. There is a long history of smearing progressives, particularly activists of color, as communist. It’s called Red-baiting & it’s the GOP’s main strategy today.