INTERVIEW – DR. BEN CARSON -Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Harvey Recovery Will Take Time, HUD Secretary Ben Carson Says. Dr. Ben Carson, secretary of Housing and Urban Development, will talk about recovery efforts and his department’s role in assisting Texas and Louisiana property owners affected by flooding — and now Florida.
- His efforts to reform HUD
- President Trump to host entire cabinet at Camp David this weekend
- Amazon Opens Search for Second Headquarters City in North America. Amazon plans to invest over $5 billion to build and operate HQ2, which is expected to employ up to 50,000 workers. Amazon.com Inc. said Thursday it plans to open a second headquarters in North America to house up to 50,000 employees, signaling the company has no plans to slow down its torrid growth in hiring in recent years.
- Ben Carson performed historic conjoined twin separation surgery 30 years ago YESTERDAY. On Sept. 6, 1987, Dr. Ben Carson completed a 22-hour pioneering operation that separated 7-month-old West German Siamese twins, who were joined at the back of the head. Carson led a 70-person team as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and used a first-of-its-kind strategy that involved dropping the twins’ temperatures down to 68 degrees to stop their hearts and bloodflow. The twins, named Patrick and Benjamin Binder, were considered critical but stable after the surgery, and given a 50-50 chance of survival, according to a United Press International article from 1987.