
Curious about today’s topics on The Larry O’Connor Show? Below are a few stories on the radar. Be sure to listen to The Larry O’Connor Show Monday – Friday 3pm – 6pm on WMAL.
When will the media accept that Trump is not a criminal target? (The Hill)
In terminal medical cases, doctors often deal with patients who move through “stages” that begin with denial. These so-called Kübler-Ross stages can be a long road toward acceptance. A weird form of Kübler-Ross seems to have taken hold of the media. Rather than refusing to accept indicators of impending death, many journalists and analysts seem incapable of accepting signs that the Trump presidency could survive.
That painful process was more evident Tuesday night when the Washington Post reported that special counsel Robert Mueller told the White House last month that Trump was not considered a “target” but only a “subject” of the investigation. After a year of being assured that “bombshell” developments and “smoking gun” evidence was sealing the criminal case against Trump, the dissonance was too great for many who refuse to accept the obvious meaning of this disclosure. [Read More]
YouTube shooter self-described as ‘vegan bodybuilder,’ claimed censorship before rampage (YouTube)
The woman who opened fire inside YouTube headquarters in California on Tuesday posted bizarre content online that accused the video platform’s employees of being “closed-minded” and “de-monetizing” her posts before she drove hundreds of miles to carry out the shooting.
Nasim Aghdam, 39, of San Diego, a self-described “vegan bodybuilder,” was found dead inside YouTube headquarters in San Bruno after allegedly wounding three people. Aghdam was reported missing on Monday by her father Ismail Aghdam, who told police his daughter might be heading to YouTube because she “hated” the company, Mercury Newsreported.
“She was always complaining that YouTube ruined her life,” Shahran Aghdam, the alleged shooter’s brother, also told reporters, according to Mercury News. [Read More]
Trump: US ‘can’t lose’ in trade war with China (Washington Examiner)
President Trump said Wednesday morning the U.S. doesn’t have anything to lose when it comes to the trade deficit when it’s “already $500 billion down.”
“When you’re already $500 Billion DOWN, you can’t lose!” Trump tweeted.
Trump appears to mirroring what Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Wednesday morning on CNBCregarding U.S. and Chinese recently imposed tariffs on goods.
Ross said the U.S. has such a large trade deficit with China, it can’t be hurt by the brewing trade war between the two economic powerhouses.
“When you’re $500 billion down, this isn’t a war you can lose, if it gets to be a war,” Ross said.
He spoke soon after China said it would hit $50 billion worth of U.S. goods with tariffs, in retaliation for U.S. plans to impose tariffs on a similar amount of Chinese goods. The U.S. move is a response to China’s continued theft of U.S. intellectual property rights. [Read More]
Thirty-six percent of college students are going hungry.
That’s the message of a story in yesterday’s Washington Post that’s making the rounds. If it’s anything like the “1 in 5 college girls are sexually assaulted” fiction that Joe Biden popularized in 2015, this faux-statistic may soon become conventional wisdom, too.
The “Still Hungry and Homeless In College” report, authored by researchers at Temple University and the Wisconsin HOPE Lab, says that 36% of college students it surveyed are experiencing “food insecurity.”
This report, like the infamous Justice Department sexual assault survey from 2007 — and like othersimilar surveys, is fatally flawed: its methodology and scope precludes its data from being nationally representative, or even scientifically representative of the handful of institutions being surveyed. [Read More]
Hogan vetoes bill that changes the school construction process (The Washington Post)
Gov. Larry Hogan (R) vetoed a bill that strips the state Board of Public Works of its oversight over how state dollars are spent on school construction, calling the measure one of the “most outrageous and irresponsible actions” taken by the General Assembly.
Hogan called the measure, which eliminates a decades-old process for prioritizing how and when schools are built and repaired, a “scam.”
The legislation would create a commission, composed of appointees by the governor, Senate president and House speaker, to handle decisions involving school construction that are currently made by the Board of Public Works, which is comprised of the governor, state comptroller and state treasurer. [Read More]
CALL: 202-432-WMAL (9625) | 888-630-WMAL (9625)



Email The Show















