Mornings on the Mall
Friday, September 13, 2019
Hosts: Mary Walter and Vince Coglianese
Executive Producer: Heather Hunter
Larry Michael, Michelle Malkin and Peter Doocy joined WMAL on Friday morning!
5am – A/B/C/DE Recap The Democratic Debate Last Night
- ANDREW YANG OFFERS TO PAY PEOPLE: Andrew Yang announces $120,000 giveaway during debate – calls its it a freedom dividend
- AFTER DEBATE ON CNN, YANG defends the money giveaway: “I cannot wait to pick the winners so people can see that $1,000 a month actually makes us stronger, healthier. … It’s going to improve our entire country.” -Andrew Yang on his Dem Debate announcement that his presidential campaign will give 10 people $1,000 a month for a year
- Beto O’Rourke: “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47. We’re not going to allow it to be used against a fellow Americans anymore.”
- FLASHBACK IN A RADIO INTERVIEW: Robert Francis O’Rourke running for office in the state of Texas: “To be clear they should have [AR-15s], if you purchased that AR-15, if you own it, keep it, continue to use it responsibly.”
- AFTER DEBATE: ON MSNBC WITH CHRIS MATTHEWSL BETO defends his AR-15 stance
- Beto: Trump Inspired El Paso Shooter
- Mayor Pete: Anybody Who Supports Trump Is Supporting Racism….the only people who support Trump don’t know immigrants. Note: Trump’s wife is an immigrant
- Julian Castro went back and forth with former Vice President Biden over health care. Castro: YOU FORGETING WHAT YOU SAID TWO MINS AGO??
- ON CNN WITH CHRIS CUOMO: JULIAN CASTRO defends his jab against Joe Biden’s memory: “It was not intended as a personal attack or afront. … I am not bashful about debating people. … We are not running for student council president”
- ON CNN AFTER DEBATE: CORY BOOKER piles on Joe Biden: “There’s a lot of people who are concerned about Joe Biden’s ability to carry the ball all the way across the end line without fumbling.”
- ON CNN: More CORY BOOKER ripping into Joe Biden: “There are moments where you listen to Joe Biden and you just wonder.”
- CNN analyst Kirsten Powers: Biden gave “unsteady” performance, “almost deer in the headlights”
- ON CNN AFTER DEBATE: Amy KLOBUCHAR on her reaction to Julián Castro’s jab at Joe Biden’s memory: “I just thought this is not cool. … It feels like something Donald Trump might tweet out”
- Moderator Jorge Ramos actually asked a hard question by pressing BERNIE SANDERS why he hasn’t been tough on Maduro and his socialist govt
- CASTRO jumps on BERNIE’s response: I’ll CALL MADURO A DICTATOR!
- BIDEN tries to say he KNOWS MADURO!
- Jorge Ramos presses Joe Biden on deportations during Obama admin: “Why should Latinos trust you?”
- Biden: “[President Obama] came along with the DACA program … what I would do as president is several more things because things have changed”
- ON CNN: David Axelrod: Kamala Harris does not have a “coherent message” in campaign
- DURING DEBATE: KAMALA WOULD GO AFTER GUNS TOO: Kamala Harris says she’d extend executive privilege to pass more strict gun control.
- Biden responds: “Let’s be constitutional. We have a constitution!”
- Kamala giggly: hey Joe, yes we can! (on exec order on guns)
- DURING DEBATE: KAMALA: TRUMP HAS JUST SOWED HATE AND DIVISION: Kamala Harris has a message for Donald Trump: “You spent the last two and a half years full-time trying to sow hate and division among us. And that is why we’ve gotten nothing done…”
- KAMALA GETS HIT ON HER RECORD AS A PROSECUTOR AND HOW SHE HAS FLIPPED: “When you had the power, why didn’t you try to affect change then?” @LinseyDavis asks Sen. Kamala Harris about her record as a prosecutor.
- Harris: “I’m glad you asked me this question and there have been many distortions of my record”
- AFTER DEBATE: ABC contributor on Kamala Harris: “that exchange [prosecutor exchange], shows her problem with black voters… and answering questions we saw tonight was a challenge for her”
- Joe Biden on how American families should spend evenings: “Play the radio, make sure the television — excuse me, make sure you have the record player on at night.”
- DURING DEBATE: BIDEN GOES AFTER OTHER DEMS ON HEALTH CARE: Biden attacks Warren and Bernie Sanders, who are advocating for single-payer healthcare across the country. “How are you going to pay for it??” Biden asks.
- Biden says to Bernie on health care: “You know, for a socialist, you have a lot more faith in corporate America than I do.”
- DURING DEBATE: Elizabeth Warren won’t rule out middle class tax hikes to pay for her socialist health care plan
- ON ABC POST-DEBATE COVERAGE: Former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel called the Democrats’ Medicare For All plan, which would eliminate millions of Americans’ private health care, and give free health care to illegal immigrants, “untenable” and “reckless.”
- ON ABC AFTER DEBATE: Reporter: Biden pressed you and Warren on how you going to pay for Medicare for All…
- Bernie Sanders on Medicare for All: “I’m not going to tell you that average people will not pay more” (Bernie calls tough questions, ‘that’s a republican talking point’)
6am – A/B/C/D/E/F Recap The Democratic Debate Last Night
6am – F Preview today’s immigration rally in front of the Montgomery County Council building.
7am – A INTERVIEW – LARRY MICHAEL – previewed the Redskins home opener
7am – B/C DOJ rejects McCabe’s appeal to avoid prosecution, sources say. The Justice Department has rejected an appeal from former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe of a recommendation to indict him made by the US attorney in Washington, DC, sources familiar with the situation say.
7am – D/E INTERVIEW – MICHELLE MALKIN – author of new book “Open Borders Inc.: Who’s Funding America’s Destruction?” — discussed her book and her thoughts on the Montgomery County rally today at 11 am outside the Montgomery County Council building.
- Her new book “Open Borders Inc” / Open Borders Inc. follows the money to find the truth about who are the powerful forces working to erase America through an open border policy. Malkin reveals just how much of your own money is being used to rob you, your children, and your grandchildren of the blessings of liberty.
Watch: Michelle Malkin joined Vince and Mary in studio to discuss her book and the upcoming Montgomery County rally in Rockville today. (Part 1 of 2)
Posted by WMAL DC on Friday, September 13, 2019
Watch: Michelle Malkin joined Vince and Mary in studio to discuss her book and the upcoming Montgomery County rally in Rockville today. (Part 2 of 2)
Posted by WMAL DC on Friday, September 13, 2019
8am – A/B/C Recap The Democratic Debate Last Night
8am – D INTERVIEW – PETER DOOCY – Correspondent for Fox News Channel – covered the debate from Houston and shared the reaction to the debate from the spin room in Houston.