Sgt. Derrick Miller, Rep. Tom Davis, Mercedes Schlapp, Susan Ferrechio and guest co-host Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer joined WMAL on Tuesday!
Mornings on the Mall
Tuesday June 11, 2019
Hosts: Vince Coglianese and Tony Shaffer
5am – A/B/C DOJ REVIEW OF TRUMP SURVEILLANCE IS ‘BROAD IN SCOPE AND MULTIFACETED’(Daily Caller)
- DOJ’s review of surveillance against the Trump campaign is “multifaceted” and “broad in scope,” an official told Congress on Monday.
- In a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, DOJ official Stephen Boyd provided new details about the review of Trump surveillance.
- Attorney General William Barr has said he is concerned by the “spying” carried out against Trump associates.
5am – D Abortion News:
- AOC wants birth control to be over-the-counter; now she just needs to get her own party on board
- Beto O’Rourke claims he voted to repeal the Hyde Amendment after he voted to reauthorize it
5am – E Medal of Honor announced for soldier who fought through three floors of insurgents in Fallujah (Army Times) The president will award the Medal of Honor on June 25 to a soldier who fought through a nest of insurgents during the second Battle of Fallujah in 2004, the White House officially announced Monday. Then-Staff Sgt. David G. Bellavia originally received the Silver Star for his actions, but his citation was revisited as part of a review of valor awards and determined worthy of the nation’s highest combat award. The award will give Bellavia one of now seven Operation Iraqi Freedom Medals of Honor, and make him the only living recipient from the Iraq War. During the battle, Bellavia single-handedly killed multiple insurgents, including one during hand-to-hand combat.
6am – A California Dems agree to full health benefits for many low-income illegal immigrants, in swipe at Trump (Fox News) In a stance to distance itself from President Trump’s administration, California is set to become the first state in the country to pay for tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to have full health benefits. Under an agreement between Gov. Gavin Newsom and Democrats in the state legislature, low-income adults between the ages of 19 and 25 living in California illegally would be eligible for California’s Medicaid program, known as Medi-Cal. The deal emerged as part of a broader $213 billion budget. The plan would take effect in January 2020
6am – B/C Virginia Primary News:
- Fairfax County, the first Democratic primary in decades for county Board of Supervisors chair tops the local government races
- AOC OF VIRGINIA: A left-leaning human rights lawyer is trying to take out a giant of Democratic politics
- Prince William sheriff candidates target ICE detention program
6am – D/E/F INTERVIEW – SGT. DERRICK MILLER and Lt COL. DAVID GURFEIN (CEO of United American Patriots)
- Derrick Miller just got out of military prison because he killed an Afghan combatant whom he interrogated and then the Afghan tried to take his weapon so Sgt. Miller shot him. The Afghan translator initially agreed with Sgt. Miller’s account of the incident and then changed his story when he got offered a visa to come to America.
- Gohmert has been advocating for Sgt. Miller because he believes this was a case of the overly strict Rules of Engagement and Sgt. Miller is a patriot.
- The group “United American Patriots” advocates for military patriots who have been treated unfairly, particularly in the court system
7am – A/B/C – What do you want for Father’s Day?
7am-D INTERVIEW – REP. TOM DAVIS – Virginia political analyst, former congressman (R-VA) and now a partner at the Holland & Knight law firm
TOPIC: Preview 2019 Virginia Primary on Tuesday
7am-E INTERVIEW – MERCEDES SCHLAPP – White House Director of Strategic Communications
TOPIC: President Trump’s success in reaching a deal with Mexico and also there’s talk of possibly more tariffs on China
8am – A INTERVIEW – SUSAN FERRECHIO – chief congressional correspondent for the Washington Examiner
Topic: Recap the House Judiciary hearing on Mueller Report
8am – B/C John Dean testified before the House Judiciary Committee, and on CNN he responded to President Donald Trump blasting him and calling him a “loser.”
8am – D/E Entertainment News:
- Justin Bieber Challenges Tom Cruise To a Fight Which The Internet Thinks He Would Lose
- Britney Spears accuses paparazzi of Photoshopping her bikini photos to make her look overweight