Man Seriously Injured After Home Explosion in Manassas

Jenn Schultz

Manassas, Va. — (WMAL) A construction worker was seriously injured in an explosion at a home under construction in Manassas, Virginia.

The worker entered the home and turned on the propane furnace, which prompted the explosion to occur.

The explosion occurred at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning, said Assistant Prince William County Fire Chief Matt Smolsky.

The worker was flown to Washington Hospital Center’s burn unit. No other information is known about his condition at this time.

The large home overlooking the Opequon River at the 11600 block of Kahns Road sustained serious structural damage. But Smolsky says nearby homes are not in danger.

“This was a propane supply at home. It wasn’t like it was natural gas being supplied from a pipeline,” Smolsky stated.

The Fire Marshal’s Office has determined that this is an isolated incident and presents no immediate danger to the community.

Copyright 2017 by All Rights Reserved. (PHOTO: PWC Department of Fire & Rescue)

Missed a Show? Listen Here


Local Weather