Mornings on the Mall
Friday, October 4, 2019
Hosts: Mary Walter and Vince Coglianese
Executive Producer: Heather Hunter
Fred Fleitz, Larry Michael, Jerome Hudson and Christian Toto joined WMAL on Friday!
5am – A/B/C What Should The GOP Strategy Be For Taking On The Impeachment Push?
- Rep. McCarthy: Remove Schiff from Intel Committee due to ‘lies and deceit’
5am – D Ex-Ukraine envoy Volker meets with lawmakers amid impeachment probe, as texts reveal ‘quid pro quo’ dispute. (Fox News) — Former U.S. envoy for Ukraine Kurt Volker appeared on Capitol Hill Thursday as one of the first witnesses to go before a congressional body amid the impeachment probe triggered by the whistleblower complaint on President Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Volker is participating in a closed-door transcribed interview with members of the House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees after the complaint mentioned him as having allegedly played a role in Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani’s investigations connected to Ukraine. Volker resigned soon after the complaint was made public last week. Talking to reporters outside the hearing, Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, the top Republican on the House Oversight Committee, praised Volker as “unbelievably knowledgeable about what was going on in Ukraine” and called him a “true professional in our diplomatic corps.” “But not one thing he said comports with any of the Democrats’ impeachment narrative,” he added. “Not one thing.”
5am – E Bombshell audio emerges in De Niro harassment lawsuit. (Fox Business) — A former employee at Robert De Niro’s production company slammed “The Irishman” actor with a federal lawsuit on Thursday claiming he harassed her and discriminated against her for being a woman – then retaliated against her when she told him of her plans to take legal action, according to bombshell court papers. “Ms. [Graham Chase] Robinson has no choice but … to send him a message: the Harvey Weinsteins of this world should realize their approach is extinct. You can no longer intimidate women. You can no longer threaten them,” Robinson’s attorney, Jeremy Heisler, told FOX Business. In one example, De Niro allegedly went ballistic on the woman, calling her a “spoiled brat” in an explicit voicemail when she did not answer his phone call, according to the suit. “How dare you f—— disrespect me?,” he said in the voicemail, in which he also told her: “You’re f—— history.”
6am – A ANDREW MCCARTHY: Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry. (The Hill) – The House has not voted as a body to authorize an impeachment inquiry. What we have are partisan theatrics, proceeding under the ipse dixit of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). It raises the profile, but not the legitimacy, of the same “impeachment inquiry” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) previously tried to abracadabra into being without a committee vote. Moreover, there are no subpoenas. As Secretary Pompeo observed in his fittingly tart response on Tuesday, what the committee chairmen issued was merely a letter. Its huffing and puffing notwithstanding, the letter is nothing more than an informal request for voluntary cooperation. Legally, it has no compulsive power. If anything, it is rife with legal deficiencies. The Democrats, of course, hope you don’t notice that the House is not conducting a formal impeachment inquiry. They are using the guise of frenetic activity by several standing committees — Intelligence, Judiciary, Foreign Affairs, Oversight and Reform, Financial Services, and Ways and Means — whose normal oversight functions are being gussied up to look like serious impeachment business.
6am – B/C Sanders will attend next debate despite pause after heart procedure, campaign says. (Fox News) – Sen. Bernie Sanders is off the campaign trail as the Democratic presidential candidate recovers from a procedure to clear a clogged artery – but the independent senator from Vermont’s campaign confirmed to Fox News on Thursday that Sanders will take the stage at the upcoming Oct. 15 presidential primary date. The 78-year-old Sanders’ appearance at the fourth round debate was in question after top aides announced on Wednesday that the White House contender underwent a heart procedure a day earlier after experiencing chest discomfort a day earlier during a campaign event. The campaign said on Wednesday that Sanders would stay off the campaign trail “until further notice.” But the candidate’s wife Jane Sanders highlighted in a statement on Thursday that “we expect Bernie will be discharged and on a plane back to Burlington before the end of the weekend. He’ll take a few days to rest, but he’s ready to get back out there and is looking forward to the October debate.” She noted that “Bernie is up and about. Yesterday, he spent much of the day talking with staff about policies, cracking jokes with the nurses and doctors, and speaking with his family on the phone. His doctors are pleased with his progress, and there has been no need for any additional procedures.”
6am – D/E/F 2020 DEMS on GUN CONTROL:
- MSNBC, along with advocacy groups March for Our Lives and Giffords, hosted a six-hour gun violence forum with nine of the 10 leading 2020 Democratic presidential candidates on Wednesday.
- Elizabeth Warren literally shrugs at the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment
- Democrat presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren blatantly lies that “93% of Americans … want to see us get weapons of war off our streets (confiscation) … this is where the majority of gun owners are”
- Democrat Cory Booker: It’s “absurd” that the United States has not already implemented an extremist “mandatory buy-back program”, which means government confiscation of firearms
- Joe Biden called for a federal gun and magazine registry at MSNBC’s gun forum.
- Kamala Harris Says She Might Confiscate ‘As Many As 10 Million’ Guns. “We have to have a buyback program,” Harris said. “I support a mandatory
- DAVID FRENCH: Joe Biden’s Gun-Control Plan Is a Constitutional Disaster: It contains provisions that would bankrupt gun manufacturers for the crime of selling fully functional, legal firearms. It would ban the sale of the most popular rifles in America and the standard-capacity magazines made for America’s most commonly used handguns. Oh, and to incentivize a voluntary buyback of existing “assault weapons,” it would grant the owners of such weapons a choice: sell your rifle to the government or join a firearms registry.
- LIZ HARRINGTON: WATCH: Elizabeth Warren literally shrugs at the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment
- Joe Biden: Owners Need to Register Ammunition Magazines
- Kamala Harris Says She Might Confiscate ‘As Many As 10 Million’ Guns
7am – A INTERVIEW – FRED FLEITZ – President and CEO, Center for Security Policy. Former NSC Chief of Staff, CIA analyst and House Intel Com staff member – discussed Schiff Facing New Questions About Origins Of Whistleblower Complaints.
- FRED FLEITZ: 1/ The NYT confirmed what I said last week: Schiff knew about the CIA whistleblower in advance — way in advance. Before he even filed his complaint. This is a much bigger scandal that people realize. At a minimum, Schiff should recuse himself from this impeachment inquiry. (THREAD
- FRED FLEITZ: .Also: (1) Schiff broke HPSCI rules by not telling GOP members about WB (2) Schiff discussed subject matter of WB complaint throughout August (3) Schiff posted tweet at end of August mirroring WB complaint (4) Schiff told media he & his office had not met with WB. More to come
7am – B/C ‘Get rid of the babies!’: Distraught woman at AOC town hall urges ‘eating babies’ to fight climate change. (Washington Examiner) – QUEENS, New York — A seemingly troubled woman at a town hall hosted by Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in her district stood up to demand the congresswoman support drastic measures to combat climate change, such as “eating babies.” “We’re not going to be here for much longer, because of the climate crisis,” the woman pleaded. “We only have a few months left. I love that you support the Green Deal, but it’s not gonna get rid of fossil fuel. It’s not going to solve the problem fast enough. A Swedish professor said we can eat dead people, but it’s not fast enough! So, I think your next campaign slogan needs to be this: We’ve got to start eating babies.” Many of Ocasio-Cortez’s constituents appeared confused by the woman’s declarations. Removing her jacket to reveal a T-shirt with the phrase “Save the planet Eat the Children,” the woman continued, “We don’t have a enough time. There’s too much Co2.” “All of you!” she went on, turning to those around her, “You’re a pollutant! Too much Co2. We have to start now. Please — you are so great. I’m so happy that you are supporting a Green New Deal, but it’s not enough. Even if we were to bomb Russia, it’s not enough. There’s too many people, too much pollution. So, we have to get rid of the babies. That’s a big problem. Just stopping having babies just isn’t enough. We need to eat the babies. This is very serious. Please give a response.” Staffers of the New York congresswoman approached the woman toward the end of her remarks, as attendees in the room became increasingly uncomfortable.
7am – D INTERVIEW – LARRY MICHAEL – The Voice of The Redskins – previewed the Redskins vs Patriots.
7am – E CNN Refuses to Air Trump Ad Pushing Biden-Ukraine Claims and Bashing Network Anchors. (Daily Beast) – The 30-second spot paints the president as a victim of Democrats and alleged “media lapdogs” like CNN. In a move that is sure to ratchet up tension with the White House, cable news channel CNN is declining to run a new Trump 2020 presidential campaign ad, citing falsehoods and the ad’s open attacks on network stars. The 30-second ad, titled “Biden Corruption,” peddles misleading accusations about Joe Biden and his son Hunter in an attempt by President Donald Trump to deflect from controversy over his pressuring of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to dig up dirt on the former vice president. “Joe Biden promised Ukraine $1 billion if they fired the prosecutor investigating his son’s company,” the cinematic trailer-like narrator blares. “But when President Trump asks Ukraine to investigate corruption, the Democrats want to impeach him,” the ad continues over footage of House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). “And their media lapdogs fall in line,” the narrator continues over footage of CNN stars Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and Jim Acosta, along with MSNBC primetime host Rachel Maddow. “CNN is rejecting the ad, as it does not meet our advertising standards,” a network spokesperson told The Daily Beast. “Specifically, in addition to disparaging CNN and its journalists, the ad makes assertions that have been proven demonstrably false by various news outlets, including CNN.” “CNN spends all day protecting Joe Biden in their programming, so it’s not surprising that they’re shielding him from truthful advertising too, and then talking to other media outlets about it,” Trump 2020 communications director Tim Murtaugh responded in a statement. “Our ad is entirely accurate and was reviewed by counsel, and CNN wouldn’t even describe to us what they found objectionable. This isn’t a cable news channel anymore, it’s a Democrat public relations firm.” In reality, the Ukrainian prosecutor in question, Viktor Shokin, was viewed by multiple international bodies and the Obama administration as deeply ineffective in fighting corruption. The U.S. embassy in 2016 suggested $1 billion in loan guarantees as a way to push the Ukrainian government to enforce stricter anti-corruption policies, including the removal of officials like Shokin. Biden publicly took credit for the idea—as seen in the clips the Trump campaign now weaponizes in the ad—but international organizations like the G7, International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) all reportedly wanted Shokin ousted.
- ABOUT BOOK: Breitbart editor Jerome Hudson delivers the red pills his readers know him for, showing you the facts, statistics, and analysis that the mainstream media have worked so hard to hide. If you heard that one president deported more people than any other president, started the program of family separation, and did nothing to stop Russia’s election meddling, how many of them would guess it was Obama? In 50 Things They Don’t Want You to Know Jerome Hudson dives deeply into the things Americans are not supposed to realize. Many of our most hotly debate topics are shaped by Davos power brokers, woke college professors, TV talking heads, social media activists and feckless Washington swamp monsters who want you to only follow their narrative.
- Your teachers, your politicians, and your local paper are not likely to ever tell you:
- Racial minorities fare far better in the absence of race-based affirmative action policies.
- Latinos make up a little more than 50% of the Border Patrol, according to 2016 data.
- The U.S. settled more refugees in 2017 than any other nation.
- Between 2011 and 2016, the IRS documented 1.3 million identity thefts by Illegal aliens.
- Half of federal arrests are immigration-related.
- Welfare recipients in 34 states earn more than a person making minimum wage.
- Taxpayers doled out $2.6 billion in food stamps to dead people in less than two years.
- 1,700 private jets flew to Davos to discuss the impact of global warming.
- Google could swing an election by secretly adjusting its search algorithm, and we would have no way of knowing.
- Once you’re done reading 50 Things They Don’t Want You to Know, you’ll never trust the powers that be to give you the whole truth again.
8am – D INTERVIEW — CHRISTIAN TOTO – Film Critic, HollywoodInToto.com and Host of “The Hollywood in Toto” podcast (available on iTunes) @HollywoodInToto – gave his review of the film “Joker” — the film opens on Friday. He can explore the film and its cultural significance.
- ‘Go try to be funny nowadays’: Joker director says ‘woke culture’ drove him from comedy. The director of the new movie Joker explained that he decided to focus on a dramatic film instead of a comedy because he is tired of tiptoeing around the demands of “woke culture.” Todd Phillips, 48, who famously directed hit comedies such as The Hangover and Old School, said in a recent interview with Vanity Fair, “Go try to be funny nowadays with this woke culture. There were articles written about why comedies don’t work anymore — I’ll tell you why, because all the f—ing funny guys are like, ‘F— this shit, because I don’t want to offend you.’”
- Theater chain bluntly warns parents their kids won’t like Joker
- Smithsonian Air & Space Won’t Show ‘Joker’ for ‘Contractual Reasons’ The museum received criticism for planning to show the film depicting the mental breakdown of the Joker that sets him on a spree of violence.
- Box Office: Will ‘Joker’ Controversy Impact Opening Weekend? Despite mounting controversy, “Joker” is still on track for a massive debut
- Christian is also looking to spread the work about his new crowdfunding campaign: He needs to reboot his website — stat. https://www.freedomfy.com/projects/help-hit-take-the-fight-to-the-hollywood-left/
8am – E Tlaib: Democrats Looking Into How to Arrest Trump Officials. (Washington Free Beacon) — Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D., Mich.) said Democratic lawmakers are exploring how to arrest White House officials who do not comply with congressional subpoenas. Tlaib told Detroit constituents at her “Congress, Coffee, and Conversation” event on Tuesday that lawmakers are focused on how best to take cabinet members into custody. “This is the first time we’ve ever had a situation like this,” she said. “So they’re trying to figure out, no joke, is it the D.C. police that goes and gets them? We don’t know. Where do we hold them?” An America Rising PAC tracker caught Tlaib on video speculating what could happen to Trump administration officials held in contempt of Congress. The congresswoman pointed to Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross and Attorney General William Barr, who were both held in criminal contempt of Congress for defying congressional subpoenas. The House of Representatives voted to ask the Justice Department to prosecute Barr and Ross by a margin of 230 to 198. It was the second time in U.S. history a sitting cabinet member was held in criminal contempt of Congress. The first was former attorney general Eric Holder, whom the Republican-controlled House held in contempt in 2012 after Holder refused to turn over documents pertaining to the Operation Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal. Tlaib said her colleagues are “trying to tread carefully” in this “uncharted territory.”